Boil on scrotum, performed cunnilingus, no wounds, STD. Treatment ?

Dermatologist
Question
I've a boil on my scrotum for little less than a week. It's a little larger than an insect bite and it's head is reddish-pink. It doesn't cause any pain till I touch it. It's not uncommon for me to have boils on my face but they go away on their own in a few days. First I was thinking it was because my bike's seat that was hard. I was cycling fast on it for approximately 30 km and had problems with it before. I haven't involved myself sexually with someone approximately for an year. About an year ago, I didn't have penetration sex but only performed cunnilingus. Neither of us had wounds or open sores as far as I can remember. Also, after going through incubation period of common STDs ( WWW.WWWW.WW things don't make much sense to me. Am I having a problem on my skin or am I having a STD? If it's just a skin problem, what could it be and what's the cure for it? On the other hand, if it's a STD, what's the disease I'm having? I plan to consult a doctor soon anyway if it's not something minor.
Posted Sun, 6 May 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Gaurang Krishna 28 hours later

After going through the description provided by you, I feel that the highest possibility is that of an insect bite reaction. So there shouldn't be anything to worry about.

But it is very important to confirm the diagnosis. It would be helpful to me if you could provide me with the photos of the lesion as this would help me in providing you better suggestions.

You can upload the photos in the right side of your query box or if you face problems during uploading, you can also mail me the photos to YYYY@YYYY with subject:ATTN:Dr Gaurang Krishna. Please do confirm by writing here regarding the uploading or mailing of the photos as to reply you back at the earliest.

Meanwhile you can use a steroid cream twice daily for a week or so.

Don't worry about it being a STD.

I would like to provide you with specific suggestions after going through the photos.

Awaiting your response.

Regards.

Follow-up: Boil on scrotum, performed cunnilingus, no wounds, STD. Treatment ? 40 hours later

Thanks for your reply. I have uploaded 2 photographs as you asked. It would be terrific if you can take a look and confirm your earlier diagnosis.

Answered by Dr. Gaurang Krishna 11 minutes later
Hello again,

Thanks for the follow up query and pics also.

Pictures suggest the possibility of Folliculitis.

This lesion does not look like Insect Bite reaction which I mentioned as a possibility earlier.

It is quite common to have such boils (or Folliculitis) over the scrotum.

I suggest you to go in for a low dose antibiotic therapy. A topical broad spectrum antibiotic with steroid would also help you.

Please do XXXXXXX your Dermatologist to get the drugs prescribed.

Kindly do revert back after you have consulted a local Dermatologist.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available for your further follow up queries.

Wishing you a speedy recovery.

Thanks and regards,