Boil on nipple, draining done, infection, CAT scan, shadowing around muscle tissue, questionable cyst

My 43 year old son had a golf ball or larger size boil which was located on his left nipple. excise & drained about 24 hours ago, major infection, did a CAT scan last eve, shows shadowing around muscle tissue and a questionable cyst area. not sure how the ordeal will proceed. any ideas?
Posted Sun, 29 Apr 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 21 minutes later
After drainage of a major abscess around the nipple, mild shadowing of the muscle tissue may be due to the localized inflammation. This shadowing will subside on its own after the associated inflammation subsides. He must be getting antibiotics and anti inflammatory drugs round the clock to take care of this.
Regarding the cystic area, it can be a mild amount of reactionary fluid collection after the drainage of the abscess or a separate collection that was previously undiagnosed. Fine needle aspiration of the collection and examination of the fluid will provide an idea about the nature of the cyst.
I hope my answer and recommendations are adequate and helpful. Waiting for your further follow up queries if any.