Body trembles, face shaking, no chest pain, drinks alcohol. Is it sinus infection or bigger problems?

Question
Yes.... my husband is a 49 yr old truck driver who is taking Lisinopril 10 mg,ambien 10 mg and does drink some alcolol too,has been experiencing whole body trembles or shakes even in his face at times,not just at noght ,does not drink excessive amts of caffeine,no cigarettes either,wondering if its sinus infection or bigger prolems,he is driving now and experiencing it,what to do,has been going on for 3-4 months gradually happening more,no chest pains.
Posted Tue, 24 Apr 2012 in Brain and Spine

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 25 minutes later
Tremors of the whole body can be due to excessive alcohol intake, excessive anxiety, diabetes, renal or liver pathology, hyperthyroidism, neural problems, etc.
The exact cause can only be determined after proper clinical examination as well as some blood investigations including hormone profiles, liver and renal function tests.
Right now with generalized tremors I must say that it is unsafe for him to drive. He needs a medical attention for proper diagnosis and treatment of his condition.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Regards.

Follow-up: Body trembles, face shaking, no chest pain, drinks alcohol. Is it sinus infection or bigger problems? 10 minutes later
HI,
jUST FOUND OUT THAT HE HAS ALSO BEEN USING THOSE LITTLE CHEWING TOBACCO POUCHES CALLED SNUS,COULD THESE HAVE CAUSED IT,USING THEM X 1 YR
responded to you earlier today but no reply,he just told me he is using chewing tobacco,can this be causing his trembles,it is snus,or could Allegra (plain) be causing this? How could the alcohol be causing facial trembles?

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 8 hours later
Hello.
Thanks for writing again.
Chewing tobacco is not likely to cause these trembles. The medicines he is taking are not likely to cause these. Alcohol consumption causes neuropathies and brain fogging which can cause such tremors. A detailed investigations are needed to find out the cause.
Hope my answer is helpful. Write back if you have further queries.
Wishing you a trouble free speedy recovery.