Body skin is very loose and also has stretch marks. Was fat as kid but lost weight. Cure?

My body skin is very loose and also has stretch marks. i used to be fat as a kid but have lost that weight since last 10years.
What are non surgical options to tighten the skin and reduce the stretch marks.

Posted Fri, 4 Oct 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Prasad 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Be patient...

Detailed Answer:

I understand your concern. You have reported two problems here - stretch XXXXXXX and loose skin.

Off those two, the current non surgical treatment options have promising results on stretch marks. Retinoids such as adapalene containing products like mederma is useful in treating stretch marks. This is a pricy product. An alternative cost effective product is benzoyl peroxide cream. You may try one of the two for a few weeks to see the benefits.

Unlike stretch marks, loose skin need more time and patient treatment. Frankly I am unaware of any skin products that can be effective in firming skin. However various skin firming products are available in the market promising effective non surgical treatment. I am particularly impressed with the contents of Jergins Skin firming daily tone moisturizer. You can try that and see if it helps.

Besides these 2 products, I would strongly recommend that you drink plenty of fluid. Take protein XXXXXXX products like cheese, soya, beans, legumes, milk and fish. They are XXXXXXX in collagen and can benefit you.

Hope this helps. Write back for clarifications.