Body producing too much protein and affecting muscles making body weaker. Treatment?

Spine Surgeon
My body is producing to much protein and is attacking my muscles and making me weak. What is this?
Posted Fri, 13 Apr 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Krishna Kumar 11 hours later

Thank you for posting your query and sharing your problem with me.

I see that you had undergone sleeve surgery and no longer diabetic; but you are in pain.

First of all let me know if you had done the following tests and if so, the results of them.
Serum uric acid, Vit D, PTH (Parathyroid Hormone), Vit B12 levels, CPK or CK Enzyme levels, Thyroid function tests, cortisol. All these tests will help to arrive at a conclusion of the cause, so that appropriate treatment can be initiated. You can get these tests done, if not done before under your physician's guidance.

Have you undergone EMG (Electromyelography) and NCV (Nerve conduction studies) tests. EMG will point to any abnormality in muscle itself. NCV helps to rule out the pathology in nerve supplying those weak muscles.

Please update me on this and we shall discuss further.

Awaiting your reply.