Body odor, regular bath, good hygiene. Cause?

28 year old healthy male developes body odor what could be the cause
Baths regularly and has good hygiene
Posted Wed, 2 May 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 4 hours later
Living in comparatively hot and humid conditions, stress, being outdoors, dehydration, excessive sweating, etc can lead to bacterial colonization of skin and axilla. This causes body odor.
Perhaps a visit to your physician will confirm the diagnosis.
Meanwhile you can use an antibacterial soap which contains triclosan or tea tree oil.
Regular use of deodorant spray containing aluminium ,zinc salt, zirconium will help.
Use of non sensitizing anti bacterial agents like fusidic acid topically can be helpful.
Using an absorptive powder is advisable.
I hope my answer and recommendations are adequate and helpful. Waiting for your further follow up queries if any.
Follow-up: Body odor, regular bath, good hygiene. Cause? 20 hours later
Dr. Tayal Thank you for the information. I am married to an OBGYN and he did not have the knowledge you seem to have about skin issues. I don't mean to offend you but is it possible to have a dermatologist replay to my question?
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 5 hours later

Thanks for writing again.

I had a few discussion with a dermatologist working in my hospital. A curbside consult from an dermatologist was done here too. They agree with my advice and they give similar opinion.

Hope you find my answer acceptable. Should you have any other doubts, I will be glad to discuss them.