Body itching following protected sex with sex worker. PCR RNA test came negative. What do you suggest?

Hai this is XXXXXXX I had protected sec with sex worker whose status is unknown,on march 18,from next day I had body itching .i used single condom some sites state that condoms have holes so is really afraid of it,so I gone for pcr rna test on 5april that is almost 18 th after exposure it came hiv 1 rna not detected still itching is there ,so how genuine is pcr rna test That I can believe ,should I go for dna pcr test after 28 days plz suggest me
Posted Fri, 3 May 2013 in HIV and AIDS
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 36 minutes later

I think you are too much worried that you should be. The PCR RNA test is a good specific test to be done during the early days. If it is not able to detect HIV RNA particle you are virtually free of this virus. Single condom is good enough to prevent contact of fluids.

The body itching that you experience can be because of the anxiety that you carry in your brain. I am not trying to influence you but a matter of fact of any symptom can be experienced if the mind is not at peace.

To end your painless thoughts you get one last test ELISA for HIV after 30 days from the date of exposure. The perfect screening test.

Let me know if you need any clarification.
Follow-up: Body itching following protected sex with sex worker. PCR RNA test came negative. What do you suggest? 29 minutes later
Actually Iam an hypospodiasis patient where fistula is covered
My marriage is fixed,to test my self I have gone to sex worker this Is my first time,
Are there any chances that whill removing condom virginal fluid touches my sperm which is there at tip of my pennis out side will hiv reliable is rna pcr test after 17 days exposure .for today it is been 30 days of exposure .will elisa test can confirm my status,actually my home town is visakhapatnam I have done pcr rna test in most famous lab in visakhapatnam ,I don't know how these lab people are experienced about results .will comfirming results from labs procedure will be same throughout India r not if elisa Is not available which is other test could be done Plz ans me
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 2 hours later

The description of fluid touching and virus being transmitted is far from reality. There are no such confirmed reports that a person acquired virus by touching the vaginal fluid to the tip of the penis. You should start believing in the research and the technology and had gone very far to detect the minutest virus on the planet.

The PCR technique is good to know. It is reliable test wherever done. You can XXXXXXX a Dermatologist or XXXXXXX Medicine Doctor who can spare time and talk to you with care and compassion and make you believe why you should not be worried. ELISA is standard test world over and is available at every standard lab.

I suggest you to XXXXXXX Dr. Vara XXXXXXX XXXXXXX Medicine Specialist, Opposite to XXXXXXX Medical Centre, XXXXXXX Nagar, Visakhapatnam.

Let your thoughts be healthy too.

Follow-up: Body itching following protected sex with sex worker. PCR RNA test came negative. What do you suggest? 39 minutes later
Thanks for ur wealthy suggestion i had pcr rna test where it is not detected in 100 copies/ml after 17 days .where I could satisfies a lot as u told .and today is my 30th day since exposure, by taking elisa or screening test for antibodies test tomorrow can I rely and no need to go for any futher test.
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 11 minutes later
Yes, reasonable evidence says so that 80% of the people produce antibodies in 30 days. And those antibodies are detected by ELISA for HIV. 99% convert in 3 months.

The decision to take ELISA test is completely yours and I would not suggest with the way the event was described and the prior PCR test was done.

All the best. Wish you do not have any more queries please close our discussion here.