Body feels shaky. What is the cause and how to control this?

My body shakes Doctor , it's so embarrassing can it stop Especiallywhen I have to talk to a group of people or meeting people for the first time or even pppl I know ,,it shakes. My hands are worse everything I hold shakes ..please advise I wanna be normall cause I'm not fearful of anything , very confident but this shakiness is affecting me.
Posted Sat, 9 Mar 2013 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 3 hours later

Tremors (shaking) can be seen due to number of causes, the most common amongst are :
1)Stress and anxiety
2)Multiple sclerosis
4)Traumatic brain injury
chronic kidney disease and other conditions which affect the brain stem.

Also can be seen in drug abuse or long term medication with drugs like
4)Steroids etc..

I would like to know some more details on your problem to narrow down the possibilities and arrive at the most probable diagnosis for your tremors.

Do you have any other neurological symptoms like headache, giddiness, vision disturbances, etc., associated with the tremors?
Do you suffer from any other health related problems?
Are you on any medications for a while?
Will the tremors subside after a period of rest or persist continuously ?

Waiting for your response...

Follow-up: Body feels shaky. What is the cause and how to control this? 8 hours later

I went for test nothing was seen in my blood ,however I still shake . My body just shakes when it decides ..I have no idea of the cause ... I'm not on medication

What could be the treatment for such lips shake too when I talk .my job requires me to stand in front of ppl most of the time but with this shaking it makes so difficult to me to carry out my duties .

I hope his will help
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 16 hours later

Thanks for writing back.

Based on your history the tremors you have could probably be due to either stress or anxiety.Such tremors do not last long and can be easily treated with relaxation exercises like Yoga and meditation.Both the exercises help the mind to have a good control over the musculoskeletal system and also help in facing the situations with maximum concentration.

With the blood tests normal, I would not suspect any major illness in you causing the tremors.

Do practice Yoga and meditation , if these measures fail then there may be need for you to visit a neurologist who can order an MRI (Magnetic Resonance Imaging)scan of the brain and rule out any structural damage to the brain which could cause such tremors.

Hope I answered your query.

Wish you good health.