Body ache, nausea, vomiting, hot flashes. No symptoms of cold. What could it be?

Question
hello i have to sick sicks and all of a sudden i was over come with extreme body aches nausea, vomiting, chills and hot flashes. what's wrong? i have no stuffy/runny nose no cold symptoms
Posted Sun, 29 Apr 2012 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Mohammed Tauseef 57 minutes later

Thank you posting your query.

Your symptoms indicate you have a UTI), which is more common in females than in males. Not to worry, as it is not something which is untreatable or life threatening, but you need a prompt medical attention to address this issue of your's to confirm it. Kindly visit a Gynecologist, so that he/she may do a physical assessment and suggest few tests like Bloodwork, Urinalysis, Urine Culture or Ultrasound abdomen to rule out Urinary infection, to authenticate his/her clinical findings.

Your treatment plan will be formulated accordingly after confirmation. Antibiotics are the typical treatment for a UTI.

Since you said, you have hot flashes as well, get your thyroid examined and tested after discussing it with your doctor, as apart from menopause, hot flashes can also be caused by an overactive thyroid gland (Hyperthyroidism).

Hope this answers your query, Please accept my answer, if you have no follow-up queries.

Dr. Mohammed Tauseef.

Follow-up: Body ache, nausea, vomiting, hot flashes. No symptoms of cold. What could it be? 13 hours later
i have had hot flashes after my first pregnancy in 2008. i am at urgent care now and thank you for your time.

Answered by Dr. Mohammed Tauseef 3 hours later

Thank you for writing back to me.

Go ahead and get yourself examined. During pregnancy physiological or normal metabolic changes happen which assist fetal survival as well as preparation for labor. One of the manifestations during this process is increased thyroid functioning which is called Gestational Hyperthyroidism.

Speak to your Doctor and get treated at the earliest.

Hope, this explains your query. Please accept my answer in case you have no follow up queries.

Dr. Mohammed Tauseef.