Blurry vision after taking medicine for seasonal allergies, light sensitivity. Should I continue them?

Pathologist and Microbiologist
I went to syy my G.P. thurs For severe seasonal Allergies. And for the painful eye irratation part of things. He preacribed prednisolone acetate Now since friday night. i've had pretty blurry vision and some light sensitiitivity and crusting.
Now my Doc isn't due back in his office til Tuesday. So the million dollar question is do I stop using these things?
will my vision clear up? i'm a writer by trade . I'm on a bit of a deadline. And as you can probably tell by this sloppy
typing, not seeing clearly is vosting me dearly.
Posted Sat, 18 May 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Shailja Puri 17 minutes later

Thanks for posting your query on Health Care Magic.

Since, you are developing blurring of vision, light sensitivity and crusting, I would suggest you to discontinue its use.

You have mentioned that you suffer from season allergy and I guess you have developed allergic conjunctivities.

It is best to use mast cell stabilizers for this condition.

However, I would suggest you to discontinue the use of steroids, visit your treating doctor and discuss with him/ her your symptoms.

The drug can be changed to mast cell stabilizers after consulting your doctor.

If you have more queries, I will be glad to answer.
Dr Shailja P Wahal