Blurred vision lasting for some minutes. What could be this?

I have blurred vision with a purple horizontal cloud in my left eye. Lasting 10-15 Min. Subsequently felt some pressure in my head through out the day. Vision normal after the initial episode. please note these or similar symptoms have occurred weekly (?) over the past few weeks. There may be a relationship to increased computer use.
Posted Sat, 2 Nov 2013 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Answered by Dr. Dadapeer K 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Transient ischemic attack for evaluation

Detailed Answer:
Hello, Madam
Welcome to Health Care Magic
Iam Dr. Dadapeer and I answer eye related problems.

It seems from the history that you had blurred vision lasting for 10-15 minutes with pressure in the head over the past few weeks.

These symptoms are called as transient ischemic attack. The causes for transient ischemic attack are
Giant cell arteritis
Carotid artery disease

Considering your elderly age I would like to rule out Giant cell arteritis first. Hence I advice you to undergo further investigations like evaluation by neurologist or neurophthalmologist, blood investigations like Erythrocyte Sedimentation Rate, Doppler study of the carotid arteries...

These symptoms are not related to computer but can be precipitated by fatigue associated with extended use of computers or working.

Since you are having these symptoms for few weeks I advice you to consult doctor and get evaluated at the earliest.

Hope I have answered your query.

Thank you