Blue veins on labia majora, redness, white spots, burning, abdominal pain

I noticed, sort of out of nowhere, about a week to 2 ago I have blue veins on my labia majora and redness with little white spots towards my labia minora. At first I felt burning when I would sit for long peroids. . Now, I have some abdominal pain/discomfort, mostly on the right side. I have no symptoms of pregnancy that I really know of. Any ideas what could be the cause?
Posted Sun, 6 May 2012 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. Ramesh M.Vachharajani 5 hours later

From your history it seems that there is forming of abscess on labia minora, a week before you had redness on labia majora. Before this you might have some irritation or itching on labia majora,due to this there might be bruise,leading to inflammation of the part.

Now as you developed pain and discomfort, this is due to infection spread to lymph nodes on right side.

You consult your doctor without delay as once abscess is formed you have to undergone surgical procedure which is again distressive ,painful and long dressing.

Early treatment may avoid that you have to go for one course of antibiotic and anti inflammatory medicines to cure your problem.

Hope I answered your query. I shall be available for your follow ups.

Follow-up: Blue veins on labia majora, redness, white spots, burning, abdominal pain 12 hours later
right before this I had a small red bump maybe 1/8 to 1/4 inch big, I don't remember exactly. Is that in anyway related to what's happening now? Also, what would be the cuase of the abscess?
How do I know if it is formed, will it rupture?
Answered by Dr. Ramesh M.Vachharajani 7 hours later
Hi again,

As you have got lump before,it is likely that you might have cyst on labia,remained quit for some time and after ward it became infected and your present problem started.

When abscess is formed you get pain and swelling. You get throbbing pain as if some thing is pulsating.There is appearance of white/yellow point, from this point abscess ruptures.

But in your case as cyst is possible you have to go for complete removal of sac,otherwise cyst may be formed again.

I think this will satisfy your query.