Bloody stools. Due to high body heat from sun exposure?

I am getting blood in my stool since yesterday. Could it be due to high body heat caused by over exposure to sun? Can you please suggest something?
Posted Sat, 14 Apr 2012 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Mitaly 54 minutes later

Thanks for posting your query

Blood in stool can be due to various reasons as Inflammatory bowel Disease,food poisoning,hemorrhoids,fissure in ano etc.The color of the stool helps in ruling out the cause.If the stool is bright red in color then it indicates the bleeding is from anus,rectum or colon where as dark colored(black) stools indicate bleeding from upper GI tract.
Some tips for you:
Have high fibre diet comprising of oats,dals,fruits XXXXXXX veggies.
Have plenty of water,curd and buttermilk.
Avoid constipation as it can lead to bleeding in stool.For this take about 4 to 5 glasses of warm water after getting up in the morning.
Consume lime juice mixed with honey daily.
Do some form of exercise daily.
Avoid smoking and alcohol.
Restrict sweet items in diet.

Heat in the body or exposure to sun may not be specifically the cause for this.

If the bleeding in stool continues then you need to get yourself examined by a Physician to rule out the exact cause as hemarrhoids,anal fissures etc and prescribed medications if required.

Hope I have answered your query.I will be available for follow up query if any.