Blood work showed high platelet level. Stomach ache. Worried about platelet count

Question
I had some blood work done while I was on vacation last week, and got a msg from the Doc. saying my platelet level was 427. I am a busy mother to two just out to FL for a few days of relaxation with my family. I had a bit of a stomach ache that would last a few secs then go. Doc said it was just gas. Sure enough it was gone in two hours. I'm comcerned about the platelete count, please help :(
Posted Wed, 23 May 2012 in X-ray, Lab tests and Scans

Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 3 hours later
Hello and thanks for the query.
A platelet count is a test to measure how many platelets you have in your blood. Platelets help the blood clot. They are smaller than red or white blood cells.

A normal platelet count in a healthy individual is between 150,000 and 450,000 per μl (microlitre) of blood.  Ninety-five percent of healthy people will have platelet counts in this range.  Some will have statistically abnormal platelet counts while having no demonstrable abnormality. However, if it is either very low or very high, the likelihood of an abnormality being present is higher.
your platelet counts are perfectly normal and there is nothing to worry.
Relax and enjoy your holidays.
I hope to have answered your query however you can revert to me for any other query.
Thanks and best of luck.

Follow-up: Blood work showed high platelet level. Stomach ache. Worried about platelet count 48 minutes later
Thanks so much for your quick and favorable response :) A big relief for me :)

They said that 427 was high since it's over 400. Please respond to that. Thanks once again.

Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 40 minutes later
Hello
Different labs have different parameters.
The level of unto 450 is considered as normal and even if somebody's values are 475,even then it is normal.
So don't worry and relax
Thanks

Follow-up: Blood work showed high platelet level. Stomach ache. Worried about platelet count 11 hours later
THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Hello
You are most welcome to ask any query regarding your health at healthcare WWW.WWWW.WW
Thanks