Blood work showed SGOT ast-15 and SGPT alt-14 and total protein-7.5. What does this mean?
User rating for this question
Hi! I am a 54 year old female and have stage 1 invasisve breast cancer. My surgeon call and freaked me out about my liver blood work. Numbers are. Albumin, 4.1 bilirubin,0.4. Bilirubin direct,<0.2, alkaline phospatase 61, sgot ast,15, sgpt alt14, total protein,7.5, globulin serum 3.4, ag ratio 1.2. My mother passes from PBC Liver disease and hes has me nervous and never got back to me regarding these numbers. Can you let me know what these meen? Thank you!
Posted Tue, 31 Dec 2013 in Breast Cancer
Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Normal liver profile, nothing to worry about Detailed Answer: Hello ma'am and welcome. Thank you for writing to us. I have gone through your liver profile reports and other than a mildly low level of direct bilirubin, all your other parameters are within the normal reference range, which means your liver is healthy and there is absolutely nothing to worry about. I would not worry about anything, and please speak to your doctor about your liver work, as there is absolutely nothing abnormal about it. I hope you find my response helpful. Please feel free to write back to me for any further clarifications, I would be more than happy to help. Best wishes.
People also viewed
- Non opioid pain killers
- Are peanuts good for cholesterol
- Can plucking cause breast cancer
- Alt-sgpt ast-sgot level what does this mean
- Do hickeys cause breast cancer
- Sleeping late will cause breast cancer
- What is antifungal cream used for
- Chances that a breast lump is cancerous
- Ast sgot alt sgpt kadar normal ?
- Breast cancer free check up in ncr
- Liver profile sgpt alt sgot ast high
- Is 88 ast sgot alt sgpt 70
- Anxiety induced high blood pressure
- Green light laser technology
- Increased sgot ast and sgpt alt anorexia nervosa