Blood work, Liver enzymes and Ferritin normal. USG showed fatty liver. Will alcohol consumption be dangerous?

Gastroenterologist, Surgical
My blood work is all normal. Liver enzymes ect. Ferritin level is normal. Pt time is normal. Had a ultra sound of my live it showed a mild increase in fatty live and a mild increase in echotexture. I have a few glasses of wine and get a blood sport under the skin. What do you think
Posted Sun, 15 Dec 2013 in Liver and Gall Bladder
Answered by Dr. Ketan Vagholkar 4 hours later
Brief Answer: Medications,diet and exercise. Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for writing in. Presence of normal liver enzymes is a good sign. It suggests normal liver function. However ultrasound changes suggest ultra structural changes.If untreated it can progress to cirrhosis of liver.I would suggest the following treatment. 1. Medications a.tricholine citrate with sorbitol for 6 months. b.ornithine compounds for 6 weeks. 2.To stop alcohol consumption completely. 3. Dietary modifications comprising of High protein,low fat,low carbohydrate diet. 4.Regular exercising for at least 45 minutes daily. Repeat ultrasound after 6 months. I hope this answers your doubt. Regards