Blood tests elevated CRP and ESR, borderline enlarged spleen, positive monospot test and low vitamin d. Advise

22 year old female chronic low grade fevers for the past year. Found Hashimoto's and papillary thyroid cancer. Had total thyroidectomy and fever broke for two weeks and then returned, its lower than before but still debilitating. Severe fatigue, headaches, dry mouth, and canker sores. Blood tests mostly normal except for elevated CRP and ESR, borderline enlarged spleen, positive monospot test, negative for ebstein bar, low vitamin d Thoughts?
Posted Wed, 18 Dec 2013 in Blood Disorders
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Considerations. Detailed Answer: hello and thank you for sending your question. I can appreciate that you're dealing with a very stressful situation which can be very debilitating. I trust that your symptoms are real. From the blood tests it is obvious that you have some type of inflammation going on. I would suggest that you talk about this with a rheumatologist. This particular specialist and focus on the inflammation to see if there is something going on inside your body which has yet to be discovered. These doctors can also consider medications to help decrease the inflammation which may ultimately hope you feel much better. Thank you again for sending your question. Please let me know if you have additional specific concerns that we can discuss here. Sincerely, Dr. Galamaga
Follow-up: Blood tests elevated CRP and ESR, borderline enlarged spleen, positive monospot test and low vitamin d. Advise 3 minutes later
Thank you for your answer. So there aren't any hematology specific conditions that we should be investigating, to your knowledge?
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 3 hours later
Brief Answer: Followup Detailed Answer: as long as the complete blood count is normal meaning that you have normal amounts of red blood cells white blood cells and platelets it is relatively unlikely that you have any hematological disorder. if you have copies of your recent blood tests I would be happy to review those.