Blood test shows typhi IgM negative. Prescribed Zerodol, Zanocin, Rite O cef and Rantac. What are these medicines for?

doctor's suspect typhoid to my son,but the blood report for typhi dot lgM is negative. He has been given medicine Zerodol-SP, Zanocin 200, Rite-O-cef 200, Rantac D Plus & there any medicine to cure typhoid.Please also inform these medicine is for what ? Please do inform me.. Thank U..
Posted Mon, 10 Sep 2012 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Harish Naik 6 hours later
Welcome to XXXXXXX
The medicals given by the doctor will help in curing the illness.
Zanocin and Rite o cef are antibiotics (compound or substance that kills or slows down the growth of bacteria). Zerodol for fever and body ache and montral is antihistamine and rantac will help in decreasing the acidity as these medication can cause mild acidity.
I advice you to take the medication as prescribed and to complete the course of antibiotic even if the symptoms subsides.
Hope I have provided the information you needed.
Wish you good health. Take care.