Blood test showed high glucose serum. Will drinking beer affect the levels? Am I diabetic?

I recently has a blood test and my Glucose serum reading was 315 mg/dl. i retested and it came out 325 mg/dl (both tests were fasting 10 hrs prior). So i have 2 questions . A. I drank about 10 beers (5% alcohol) and stopped at 11 hrs before testing. Will that effect my score? and question B. Does a reading of 325 mg/dl mean I have diabetes ? and last of all is a 325 treatable and come back down to normal levels with out testing? Also I am 5'10" and weigh 225 lbs.
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in Diabetes
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 59 minutes later
Hello and thanks for the query.
Normally consumption of high amount of sugar or beer on previous day of testing may affect the levels of sugar but that can not make a non diabetic person into a diabetic person.The best way is to get your sugar levels done again and that too both the levels FASTING AS WELL AS POST PRANDIAL
Your levels of 325 mg means that you have diabetes
These levels of sugar are treatable by changing your life style and resorting to anti diabetic medications but you have to keep on having check on your sugar levels on regular basis so that the medicines can be adjusted accordingly.
Last but not the least,you have to have a comprehensive and thorough check up of your body which requires lipid profile,kidney function tests,checking cardiovascular status and getting an eye check up.
I hope to have answered your query however you can revert to me for any further
Thanks and best of luck.