Blood test showed excessive vitamin d. Precaution to be taken?

Pediatrician, Pulmonology
Hi Doctor,
Pl look into the reports and advice.
Posted Fri, 15 Mar 2013 in X-ray, Lab tests and Scans
Answered by Dr. Arun 1 hour later

I gone through the reports. From what I can understand is that your kid has Anemia.

Probable Reason: Iron deficiency and Beta thalassemia trait

Since it is only a trait your kid may not suffer the full disease. However do consult a pediatric hematologist. I see that you are in Maharastra there are good Pediatric Hematology institutes in Mumbai.

Dr Arun
Follow-up: Blood test showed excessive vitamin d. Precaution to be taken? 20 hours later
Hi Doctor,

Thanks for ur reply, would u also advice me some precautions needs to be taken on the account of excess of Vitamin D, as indicated in the reports.
Answered by Dr. Arun 7 hours later
Don't worry. Just don't give any vitamin D containing supplements and do limit sun exposure

Dr Arun