Blood test showed elevated levels of testosterone. CT scan showed small low density bilateral adnexal lesion. Ovarian cancer?

i went to a dermotolgist for thinning hair he did blood work and said my testosterone levels were elevated, go to gyn, was sent for ct scan of abdomen/pelvis, Impression:small low density bilateral adnexal lesion in pelvis most likely ovarian cyst also the right ovary apears to be mildly enlarged in overall size found 1.5 cyst on left ovary and 1.3 cyst on right. no free fluid is seen. Next was sent for ultrasound both ways, impression: uterus to be top normal in size, endometrium is not markedly thickened but is 7mm , I am 58 post menopausal also.right ovary is top normal in size and does contain 2.1cm somewhat hpoechoic solid mass no significant cyst is seen no significant free fluid, this is on right ovary possibility of hemmorrhagic, neoplastic or fibrotic lesion is considered although not present on XXXXXXX 2012 ultrasound. repeat ultrasound in 8 weeks for any change simle 1.1cm on left ovary. I have had a biospy of uterus, endometrium, both o.k but he did a pap and said 1 tiny cell showed displaysia,not worried. My question is should I wait 8 weeks for another ultrasound, do you feel this has anything to do with testosterone level, woulad the tiny displasia have anything to do with ovary i have had that before but not for 4-5 years. I am very nervous, not sleeping, so afraid of ovarian cancer. XXXXXXX 2012, only had simple cyst on left ovary, could something bad come in that short of time. I really feel o.k., except nerves are shot.
Posted Sat, 29 Jun 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Johny Chacko 25 days later
Welcome to healthcare magic
Thinning of hair could be due to elevated testosterone levels.
One tiny dysplastic cell need not cause worry.
Elevated testosterone may be due to adrenal problem, or polycystic disease, or thyroid problems and also due to testosterone secreting ovarian tumors.

The size of the cysts are small and I feel there is no harm in waiting for 8 weeks to do a repeat scan and PAP smear.

Ultrasound guided biopsy from ovary or even laparoscopic biopsy can detect what exactly is the swelling, but better to avoid that because if it is cancer these procedures will spread the cancer into peritoneum.

I feel you can do some blood tests tumour markers like CA-125, AFP( alfa feto protein), LDH, and inhibin levels in the mean time along with Thyroid function tests.
Do not worry. I am sure these blood tests will be normal.
Hope this helped
If you have any further questions I will be happy to help.