Blood test showed bore line thyroid and iron. What is the need to repeat after a month?

Hi I had my fbc results today they were on the borderline docter has suggested ti take it after a month my thyroid was also on the borderline but my iron was ok could please reply to me ASAP regards XXXXXXX
Posted Tue, 17 Dec 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 5 days later
Brief Answer: Repetition is ideal Detailed Answer: Hi, Therapeutic decisions cannot be taken if the blood results were on the borderline of the lab reference range. This most often happens during routine or annual health check up. So physicians generally recommend repetition. I guess your TSH value was on the borderline as well. TSH values are highly influenced by simple stress, starvation, weight loss etc. So it is good to repeat the values when the physician cannot correlate with the symptoms that person may complain. Let me know what are the values on the lab tests. That makes it easier for me to follow up with you.