Blood test showed borderline high cholesterol, LDL and triglycerides levels. Should I be concerned?

Just had blood work done. Couldn't speak with Dr. A few things out of range:
LDL Direct 132
Cholesterol 233
Triglic... 229
calc LDL Chol 123
(LDl/HDL 1.93)
Everything else in band. Anything to be concerned about here?
51 yr old male
Posted Mon, 28 Jan 2013 in X-ray, Lab tests and Scans
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later
The total cholesterol at 233 is borderline high, LDL and triglycerides are also borderline high, being a male, LDL/HDL ratio of 1.93 puts you on an average risk for atherosclerosis.
Lifestyle modifications can help you bring your raised cholesterol levels to near normal levels along with medicines.
To increase your HDL you can start exercising regularly, stop alcohol and smoking.
To decrease the LDL levels-
1. reduce saturated fat intake
2.     Maintain good body composition
3.     Increase dietary fiber
4.     Increase aerobic exercise
Finally it is best to consult your doctor to help you in choosing the best cholesterol lowering agent.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
Follow-up: Blood test showed borderline high cholesterol, LDL and triglycerides levels. Should I be concerned? 19 hours later
What about the SGOT?
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 4 hours later
Thanks for writing again.
Since you have no symptoms and the levels are not more than three times the baseline values, it is considered normal. This minor rise in SGOT will return to normal with the above mentioned lifestyle changes and weight reduction.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.