Blood test showed WBC was 2.6 and PLT count was 123. Have stent in arteries. Take a low dose of asprin. Concerned?

I recently visited my doctor for a yearly checkup and was informed my WBC was 2.6 and my PLT count was 123. I am a 65 year old woman weighing around 140 and 5 feet 7 inches tall. I do have a stent in one of the main arteries to my heart and take a low dose aspirin each day. I am concerned because I have been told that low blood counts can in some cases lead to XXXXXXX bleeding. The doctor told me we would redo the blood work in about 6 weeks but in the meantime I am concerned.
Posted Wed, 13 Nov 2013 in Blood Disorders
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Spontaneous bleeding seen below 20,000 plt count

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for the query

I see that you have a low WBC count and a low platelet count, I am assuming you havent posted the Hb because it was normal.

Such bicytopenias ( low platelet and WBCs) are seen often in viral infections and it goes back to normal in about a week's time.

It is true that low platelet counts causes bleeding but this is seen only when the platelet count goes below 20,000 and your count is 123,000 as of now. Please do not be concerned about XXXXXXX bleeding however please be careful and avoid falls and accidents as the risk of excessive bleeding remains.

I hope I was of help, if you have any further queries please get back to me