Blood test showed LDL(3.36, Trig(4.55) and Cholesterol (6.33) with elevated Gamma GT(99), Globulin37g/L and T. Bili30 umol/L. Guide?

Question
I had blood tests done a little over a month ago which showed high LDL (3.36) High Trig (4.55) and Cholesterol (6.33) with elevated Gamma GT (99), Globulin 37 g/L and T. Bili - 30 umol/L .

I hadn't drank for about a month.

Then I drank quite a bit last week. I drank on Sunday, Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday. Had beer and whiskey.

I had blood test done today. LDL is 2.19, Trig has gone up to 4.9 and total cholesterol is down to 5.3. Gamma GT has gone from 99 U/L to 119 U/L and Globulin is 37 g/L and T. Bili - 30 umol/L

Could this be due to my alcohol intake whole of last week or could it be some other reason?
Posted Sat, 17 Aug 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease

Answered by Dr. Pankaj Malhan 1 hour later
Hi

Thanks for asking.

Your result looks a bit suspicious on the quality as it is very difficult to have LDL levels decrease by 1 and the Total cholesterol down by more than 1 in a month unless a person is taking cholesterol lowering medication.

Gamma GT is alcohol dependent enzymes which can raise in a month if a person is consuming too much alcohol in a short period of time.

Please get your fasting lipid profile done from some other good lab to get a better insight into the lipid profile.

Thanks.

Please let me know you result and if any other query you have.

Follow-up: Blood test showed LDL(3.36, Trig(4.55) and Cholesterol (6.33) with elevated Gamma GT(99), Globulin37g/L and T. Bili30 umol/L. Guide? 27 minutes later
Thank you for your response.

I had started exercising and was managing my diet over the last month as well. I also took the Himalaya "Abana" tabs for about two weeks prior to the test today.

I will get another test done however.

Answered by Dr. Pankaj Malhan 12 minutes later
Still the fall looks more than justifiable with the exercise.

Please let me know the results.