Blood test showed FSH-106.0 and LH-53.2. HCG was 3mlU. Could elevated HCG levels be the cause for non-production of estrogen?

I recently had a blood test done to determine if I was going through menapause. My FSH was 106.0 and LH was 53.2 and Estradiol was 25pg. However my HCG was slightly elevated at 3mIU. I am not pregnant. Is there a connection between the FSH and LH numbers and the elevated HCG? Since I am not producing estrogen could this cause the HCG to be elevated?
I am not certain if an obgyn is appropriate or another specialist.
Posted Thu, 8 Aug 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Timothy Raichle 25 minutes later
Hello, I would be happy to help you with your question.

An OB/GYN is appropriate. Can you give me a little more background on your menopausal status:
1. Are you still having periods?
2. What are your symptoms otherwise?
3. When was the last time you had any bleeding?

Thank you!