Blood test showed B cells Abs 863, CD20+Abs 473 and T cells % 48. What does it mean?

Dear doctor,

on my recent blood test it shows
B cells Abs 863
CD20+Abs 473
both figures above normal - what does this show?
T cells % 48
CD8+T Abs 10

both below normal, what does it mean?

Thank you,
best regards,
Posted Sun, 2 Dec 2012 in Blood Disorders
Answered by Dr. Indranil Ghosh 4 hours later

Thanks for writing in.

You have mentioned that you have marginal zone B cell lymphoma but no symptoms. Do you have bone marrow involved with this? This blood report suggests that your blood has a preponderance of B lymphocytes as compared to T lymphos.
This may or may not be related to the lymphoma (very unlikely if bone marrow normal).

If the bone marrow is involved with lymphoma then these blood cells can also be due to it. What is the total WBC count and differential?
Even if there is involvement, as there are no symptoms we can just follow you up from the lymphoma point of view.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available for any further follow-up queries.
Follow-up: Blood test showed B cells Abs 863, CD20+Abs 473 and T cells % 48. What does it mean? 11 hours later
Thanks for your answer.

My WBC is 9.6 , within normal I believe.

Differential : Neurophils 5.3
Lymhocytes 2.8
Monocytes 0.8
Eosinophils 0.7 only this out of normal, a little higher
Basophils 0.1

thanking you,
best regards,

Answered by Dr. Indranil Ghosh 3 hours later
Overall the reports are quite ok, only b cells are bit high.
As there are no symptoms we may just follow this up.
You can certainly go ahead with your prostate surgery