Blood test results showed borderline thyroid. Should I be concerned?

Question
Hi just got my full blood test results back they were on the border line and thyroid aswell iron was fine doctors told me to repeat it again after four weeks for my fbc
Posted Wed, 11 Dec 2013 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 2 hours later
Brief Answer: If you have no other symptoms, that's fine. Detailed Answer: Hi and thank you so much for this query. If only the lab findings suggest low values which is not supported by clinical symptoms or findings, then controlling these results in future as suggested by your doctor is the right thing to do. However, if you have symptoms than could possibly be explained by the changes found on these tests, then you doctor should actively establish a working plan so as to further understand this in detail and provide a plan to address them. What were the reasons for undergoing these test? if they were simply routine then don't bother about them. If there are any other reasons, please let me know with the detailed results. I hope you find this helpful and addresses your query fully. Thank you for using our services and please feel free to ask for more information and clarifications if need be. I wish you well. Dr. Ditah, MD

Follow-up: Blood test results showed borderline thyroid. Should I be concerned? 51 minutes later
hi there they were routine but my thyroid was borderline a few years ago aswell

Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 19 minutes later
Brief Answer: No need to be concerned. Detailed Answer: Borderline doesn't mean abnormal. Also, if there are no symptoms, then there is just no reason to get too worried about this. Stay calm and follow up with your doctor as planned. A hypofunctioning thyroid would rarely not cause symptoms. You are doing just fine. I wish you well. Dr. Ditah, MD

Follow-up: Blood test results showed borderline thyroid. Should I be concerned? 2 minutes later
thanks for the info docter

Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 32 minutes later
Brief Answer: Thank you so much , too! Detailed Answer: I am humbled to know we have been of help to you. Feel free to direct future queries to me if need be. I wish you well. Dr. Ditah, MD