Blood test results showed Hemoglobin-9.8 Gms and RBC-3.5 Million / Had stomach infection and was using ofloxacin. Remedy?

My wife 33 yrs old, has performed a routine blood test. She found high ESR levels and Low hemoglobin and RBC count. The report is attached.

The readings are
Hemoglobin : 9.8 Gms
RBC : 3.5 Million /
WBC : 6900 /
ESR : 28 after one hour and 61 after two hours

Three days before the blood test was carried out, she had stomach infection and she was consuming ofloxacin and metrogyl. She is absolutely alright now. There is no other indication like dizziness or other conditions.

Our family physician told that its anemia and she need to take iron XXXXXXX food.

We are requesting here second opinion from you sir.
Is it anemia or any other serious issue?
If its anemia - is it mild or severe?
Our doctor suggested a tablet - imax once a day + Protein powder, and intake of iron XXXXXXX food. is it sufficient? How she can increase hemoglobin and RBC count?
Posted Sat, 13 Jul 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 2 hours later
Your wife is suffering from mild to moderate anemia and there is absolutely nothing to worry regarding this.
You can increase your hemoglobin levels by consuming iron tablet and eating diet XXXXXXX in iron.
Your doctor has rightly advised the medication to you.
As far as diet is concerned,you can take following..
Green vegetables like spinach,cabbage,peas,broccoli,rajmah,beet root etc
Fresh fruits like XXXXXXX guava,watermelon,banana,citrus fruits like oranges and amla etc
Dry fruits like almonds.
With proper diet and medication,iron content shall improve gradually.
I hope it helps however you may revert to me for any further query.
Best of luck
Follow-up: Blood test results showed Hemoglobin-9.8 Gms and RBC-3.5 Million / Had stomach infection and was using ofloxacin. Remedy? 0 minute later
Sir, We are little worried for ESR levels.... is it high? I know that alone ESR is not sufficient, I believe high ESR may be because of she had stomach infection two days prior to the blood test...

Do you suggest imax tablet sufficient to increase the blood cells and hemoglobin? She started taking iron XXXXXXX food.
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 12 minutes later
Mild increase in ESR has no meaning.
ESR is of value if it is very high like in 70 or 80 and it has nothing to do with the stomach infection.
Tablet prescribed by your doctor is sufficient.
Carry on with iron XXXXXXX diet.
In your wife case,mildly high ESR is due to low hemoglobin.
There is absolutely nothing to worry and so stop worrying unnecessarily.