Blood test normal except WBC. Is there anything to be worried?

66 year old white woman has white blood cell count of 3.7 Two years ago it was 4.5 Neutrophils 57 Monocytes 9,Eos 1, Basos 1, neutrophils {Absolute} 2.1 lymphs {absolute] 1.2 monocytes [absolute]0.4 eos [absolute] 0.0 baso [absolute] 0.0 imature granulocytes 0 imature grans [abs] 0.0 Is this not good with the 3.7 white blood cellcount? I forgot my Lymphs were 32. I think everything is good except the white blood cells ay 3.7 Do the other things play a part in this being so low? XXXXXXX
Posted Thu, 27 Dec 2012 in Blood Disorders
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 1 hour later
Welcome to healthcare Magic!
The count of 3.7k with the differential counts as you have mentioned is absolutely fine. The TLC can be low in some individuals but is of no consequence.
If you have any infection related symptoms or had TLC on higher side earlier then it should be investigated.
I can see your TLC two years ago was also 4.5k which is also on lower spectrum.
You should get a CBC and Thyroid profile repeated after 6months time.
If you are using any indigenous drugs please stop them.
I hope the advise would be informative and useful for you.
Take Care!
Follow-up: Blood test normal except WBC. Is there anything to be worried? 2 hours later
What is TLC? My white blood cell count is 3.7 now down from 2 years ago when it was 4.5 What your saying makes me think TLC is the white blood cell count? using no drugs I did have thyroid cancer at 28 and I have no Thyroid so I take synthyroid .My TSH was 0.624
Sorry I wrote this wrong 2 years ago my white blood cell count was 4.5 Now it is 3.7 and all the other stuff go with the new 3.7 from last week. All other numbers go with the 3.7 from new blood test.
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 7 hours later
Welcome back to HCM!
You are absolutely right, the White Blood Count and Total Leukocyte Count are interchangeable terms.
The TLC of 3.7k is acceptable provided that you do not have fever or any other symptom.
Your TSH level is fine.
Please repeat TLC and Thyroid profile after 3months.
I hope the advise would be helpful for you.