Blood test for hep b done, scheduled for hbv dna result. What could the hbv dna result?

Apr 2013

General Surgeon
Hi. I would be grateful if you could solve my problem. I had recent blood test for hep b and my results are: hbsag-negative, hbsab-positive. Hbvigm-negative, hep b core antibody- positive. hbeag-negative and hbeab-positive. They are waiting for hbv dna result. I am really worried and cant sleep properly until I get my hbv dna result. Can you please tell me or predict what will be my hbv dna result with above results in hand?
Posted Wed, 12 Jun 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein 2 hours later
Hi and welcome to XXXXXXX

Thank you for your query.

First, there is no reason to be very concerned. You are just a part of majority who developed natural immunity to HBV.

These findings indicate that you are immune due to previous HBV natural infection/exposure. Since there is no any positive antigen(Ag) it means that there is no acute nor chronic infection so you can expect negative HBV DNA too.

There are some rare circumstances when HBV DNA can be positive despite these results but this doesn't have to concern you. Just relax and be patient.

Wish you good health.