Blood test done to detect pregnancy. What are the findings?

Tests Results for blood pregnancy test:
Flags Units Ref. Interval Lab
Negative <6,Beta Subunit,Qual,Serum Negative <6 N mIU/mL
This was the result of my blood pregnancy test. it has the word "NEGATIVE" but also has <6 by it.. what dose the <6 stand for? could i be pregnant? this test was taken 8 days after intercourse, I WAS ovulating!
Posted Tue, 5 Feb 2013 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 18 minutes later
The test suggests that the serum HCG titres are less than 6 mIU/ml. This is suggestive of a negative pregnancy test. But at 8 days past ovulation, it is right now too early to get a positive test. You should repeat the test at 12 days post ovulation to know any rise in the titres.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.