Blood test done, results for LDL, triglycerides, ALT, GGT. Normal?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
I am 39 and recently had some bloodwork done the results cam back with the following LDL 147, triglicerids 316, TGP/ALT 47, GGT 69 what does all this mean?
Posted Wed, 11 Apr 2012 in X-ray, Lab tests and Scans
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 51 minutes later

The LDL at 147 is borderline high and triglycerides at 316 is also high. This puts you on an average risk for atherosclerosis.

The liver enzymes ALT and GGT are also mildly raised.

These may be elevated due to liver disease, hepatitis, gallstones, diabetes, pancreatic disease, kidney failure, alcohol misuse, certain prescription drugs, certain herbs and supplements or taking very high amounts of supplements.

You need to consult your physician for proper treatment of raised cholesterol levels and further investigation workup to find out the cause of raised liver enzymes.

I hope this answers your query effectively.

In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.

Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.