Blood test done, platlet count, SGOT, SGPT, ALT, glucose, iron, saturation. Concern?

Just had a blood test. The following results concerned me-
Platelet count value- 156, range- 140-400
SGOT/AST-value- 46, range 10-40
SGPT/ALT- value 68, range 9-60
Glucose- value 103, range 65-99
Iron- value 18, range 45-175
Saturation %- value 6, range 20-50
How should this be interpreted?
Should I seek further medical assistance?
Posted Tue, 1 May 2012 in X-ray, Lab tests and Scans
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 5 hours later
I have seen all the reports carefully.
The iron levels and saturation are decreased suggestive of anaemia which needs to be treated with regular iron supplements under the guidance of your physician.
The mildly raised AST and ALT levels may be due to mild alcohol consumption or some medicine intake. This usually subsides on its own after stopping alcohol or tobacco.
You need to monitor your liver enzymes after six months to detect any change in the levels.
I advise you to consult your physician for proper prescriptions and further follow up.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.