Blood test done for thyroid. Prescribed euthyrox and selenious yeast tablets. Are these safe?

I have a question about some blood tests results for a thyroid test.
FT3= 4.67 pmol/L 3.5-6.5
FT4= 15.75 pmol/L 11.50-22.70
TSH 4.133 mU/L 0.550-4.780
AntiTPO >1300.0 IU/mL 0-60 extremely high
Anti TG 230 IU/mL 0-60 also high
TRAb 3.4 U/L 0.0-1.5 high
This is for my friend. We live in China. The Chinese hospital has given her Euthyrox to take and Selenious Yeast tablets, but she is unsure whether or not this is accurate and will be helpful or harmful.
Posted Wed, 1 May 2013 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems
Answered by Dr. Michelle Gibson James 1 hour later
HI, thanks for using healthcare magic

The results indicate that your friend has euthyroid hypothyroidism, this means that though t3 and t4 are normal, the fact that anti tpo is so high indicates that there are a high level of antibodies for the thyroid gland which puts her at risk for developing symptomatic hypothyroidism.

Anti TPO stands for anti thyroid peroxide which is one of the anti bodies against the thyroid gland.It is the most sensitive marker for auto immune thyroid disease.
The other antibody , anti tg is also high.

There have been medical studies that have looked at persons like your friend who are euthyroid (this means that the T4 and T3 are normal ) with high antibodies. Medication was given to some and they were compared with those who did not receive any medication.
Those who received medication had a decrease in the level of antibodies present , this may prevent or delay the onset of hypothyroidism.

It would be best, considering the high levels of the antibodies, that your friend uses the medication recommended.

I hope this helps, feel free to ask any other questions