Blood test done. Feeling fatigued and depressed. Had spots on mammogram. Should I go for ultrasound?

Jan 2013

I have 94 TSH; low T2, 633 akaline phosphates on recent blood test; hormone levels also skewed' cholesterol suddenly extremely high, despite medication. I was diagnosed with hashimoto's 20 some years ago and on synthroid since but TSH went from 25 last year to 94 this test. I had an utlrasound of the thyroid showing a nodule and nuclear testing scheduled for 4 weeks (no meds in the meantime). feeling horrible with extreme fatigue, some depression, extreme sweating/clamminess, muscle aches, etc. Also had a spot on my mammogram. Ordered compression views and ultrasound but after the compression views(by a tech who did not seem very confident), the tech tells me no ultrasound is needed per MD unless I want one and that would not be necessary. Curious as to why something is there one week and not the next, especially concerned with everything else going on and no answers from anyone. I am post-menopausal, on hormones for years, post-hysterectomy (still have ovaries) I being overly worried or should I insist on an ultrasound?
Posted Thu, 16 Aug 2012 in X-ray, Lab tests and Scans
Answered by Dr. Mayank Bhargava 4 hours later
1) Kindly mention the normal reference range for TSH. Your TSH appears to be raised as compared to previous report and your hypothyroidism status appears to be under treated.
2) Any patient suffering from Hashimoto's thyroiditis may need higher doses of L-thyroxine because Hashimoto's may cause Thyroid atrophy.
3) Your all symptoms appears to be due to hypothyroidism: depression, fatigue, muscle aches, clamminess and except excessive sweating.
4) I am not able to open your mammogram pdf file. In spite on relying on technician views, You should consult with gynecologist for your breast problem. Is any mass in breast is also palpable?
5) Hormonal therapy may cause adenoma in breast to increase in size.
6) You should also consult with physician for hypothyroidism and should take higher doses of L-thyroxine on written prescription.
Put your query if you have.
Bets regards,
Dr. Mayank Bhargava