Blood test done. Consumed alcohol last night before test. Had elevated MCV level in previous test. Should i be worried?

I had a blood test a few days ago and the nurse ask me to call the office. I had 3 wine spritzers the night before the test. I had an elevated MCV level of 101 previously and it dropped down some after my second blood test (this is my third). Everything else is normal. I am worried why they asked me to call them back (they are all gone for the day). I have not increased my drinking, I only drink 3-6 wine spritzers a week. Should I be worried? I will call them tomorrow , however I am worried now!
Posted Mon, 28 May 2012 in X-ray, Lab tests and Scans
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 2 hours later

The MCV reading you previously had is normal even it has narrowly crossed the upper range.There would be no need to worry on it.

Also taking 3 to 6 wine spitzers too do not derange the blood values and cause any sudden danger.

I would ask you to call the office without fear and get back to me with the report on which we shall have a discussion.

Do not worry.

Anticipating your response,