Blood test done. Advised to lose weight. Looking for correct diet plan to reduce weight and cholestrol

Cardiologist, Interventional

Recently I have undergone blood test and the value of LDL Cholestrol is 176. The concerned doctor advised me to go for a weight loss (10 kgs) and repeat the test after 3 months. I am currently weighing 110 kgs and height is 6 feet. I have started 30mins walk on a tread mill and need a correct diet plan to reduce weight/ cholestrol. Also, pls advise how can I naturally reduce cholestrol as I don't want to start medication at this age.

Posted Thu, 30 Aug 2012 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Prabhakar C Koregol 27 hours later

Thanks for query.

Your BMI is 34 which is above the ideal of about 22 and XXXXXXX acceptable of 25. Yes definitely need to loose weight not just 10kg but bring it around 80kg. And dyslipidemia is gross, though I would need your complete lipid profile before I answer further. Thats values of Total cholesterol HDL and triglycerdes. For you over all profile I would recommend LDL of 130mg/dL.

Please revert back to me with detailed report and also what is your profession and activity level.
Dietary habit as to Vegetarian vs Non veg. Western diet? so that I could give the plan.

Follow-up: Blood test done. Advised to lose weight. Looking for correct diet plan to reduce weight and cholestrol 45 minutes later
Thanks Doc for the reply, I don't have the recent values with me but 2 years back Cholestrol serum was 210. I'll go with complete blood test and let you know the results.

Also, my activity level till recently were very less i.e. desk job (Banking Consulting) but requires travel very frequently across the globe. I take non-veg (only chicken)but can turn into a vegetarian.

Answered by Dr. Prabhakar C Koregol 11 hours later
Thanks for reply,

I shall be waiting for your fresh reports.

Wish you good health