Blood sugar traced, advised to take Azuliz, have hypertension, taking Asomex. Should I also take Ecosprin and Targit?

i have blood sugar traced and advised to take azulix 1 MF half tab daily. i have hypertension and take asomex AT one daily. should i also take ecosprin75 and targit40 ?
Posted Tue, 8 May 2012 in Diabetes
Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 23 minutes later

I infer that you had hypertension and now diagnosed to have high blood sugar (diabetes).

T.Azulix 1 mf is an anti diabetic drug having combination of 2 drugs. This is a well tolerated and proven drug.

I hope a lipid profile, kidney function tests, an eye exam and a foot exam has been done for you.
Ecosprin 75 is a blood thinner, which means it prevents formation clots in the body and avoid blockages in the blood vessels.
Ecosprin is given to patients who are having high risk of coronary artery disease or having some history of heart problem already. It is not given to all the patients. If your physician thinks that you are at increased risk, then he would give you this drug.
Your physician after evaluating you would be the best person to decide whether you need ecosprin or not.
Targit 40 is an anti hypertensive drug ( it is used to control the blood pressure).
Ideally, all diabetic patients should maintain their blood pressure level below 130 systolic and 80 diastolic. Again, this drug is also protects the kidneys which are also affected by diabetes. This drug must have been given to you for smooth control of your blood pressure and to prevent damage to kidneys due to diabetes.
In case these drugs are already given to you, please do not stop them.
Please maintain your blood sugar well and do regular follow up with your treating doctor. Diabetes is not only about sugar, it is a multifaceted disease and you need to take care of every aspect.
Please maintain good and healthy life style, do regular physical exercise and do not stop any drugs unless advised by your doctor.
I hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer any follow up queries that you have.

In case you do not have any further queries, please accept the answer.

Follow-up: Blood sugar traced, advised to take Azuliz, have hypertension, taking Asomex. Should I also take Ecosprin and Targit? 2 hours later
my Creatinine 1.10, VLDL 38, Cholestoral 210,Triglyceride 190, Bilirubin .90 .I CONSUME ALCOHOL REGULARLY. ANY ADVICE ?
Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 5 hours later

Good to hear from you again.

Your cholesterol and triglycerides are higher then normal.Creatinine and bilirubin is at present normal.

You need to cut down regular intake of alcohol.

Please discuss with your doctor about addition of lipid lowering agents in your prescription. There are chances that your lipids are abnormal because your blood sugar is high.

Please get this lipid profile done again when your diabetes comes under control.

It is advisable that you take help from a dietician to plan your diet taking care of all the aspects.

Apart from this please do regular exercise on most days of the week. Regular exercise will improve effect of insulin in your body and keep your sugar and lipids under control.

Please make sure you get your eyes examined on yearly basis and do self foot examination every week.

Wishing you good health,