Blood sugar test, urine test, eye test, chest x-ray done. Are the findings in normal range?

Hi, I have undergone my annual health check up last week and got the reports. The following tests are done:
blood sugar(fasting and after food)
urine test(fasting and after food)
chest and abdomen x-ray
eye test
I am just mentioning the numbers where it says it is out of range(as I do not have the soft copy). Thanks for your suggestions
Platelet count 78
Mean platelet volume 12.0
Triglycerides 221
glucose fasting plasma 106 (FYI, gluocose post prandial plasma 100, this is in normal range)
very low density lipoprotein 44.2
Posted Sat, 2 Mar 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 25 hours later
Welcome to healthcare Magic!
Your lipid profile reports are almost within normal range, glucose fasting is also minimally deviated.
To get a correct report of lipid you should be 12 hours fasting that is you can take only water during this time but not even a tea cup. if you did have some thing before the preceding 12 hours please get it repeated.
It is also not recommended to get a lipid profile within 2 months of a heart attack, brain event, infections or surgeries if any because these affect the results.
The platelet counts are low and mean platelet volume is high, it is indicative of more production and more destruction of the platelets, it may indicate some recovery phase of any sub-clinical or overt infections, or it may be an Idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura etc.
In both the cases you should get the lipid profile repeated, keep a 12 hours fasting ensured and also the Complete blood counts to assess the platelet anomaly.
I hope the advise would be informative and useful for you.
Take Care!