Blood sugar level is high. Is there any special diet, medicine or exercise to control sugar?

Hi, I am XXXX XXXXXXX and I am 29 years old software professional. Recenlty I lost 6-7 kg of weight within 3 week of time. I went for medical checkup and came to know that my blood sugar level is very high 300+. I used to smoke but after knowing my sugar level I quit it completely. I am worried about my life style and what all should I eat in my diet to control sugar level. Will I be able to control sugar level or not? Do you have any special diet, medicine or exercises? What kind of life style I should follow? Please guide in detail. I want to control sugar level and make it normal permanently.
Posted Sat, 2 Nov 2013 in Diabetes
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 1 hour later
Brief answer...With proper diet control,exercises and medicines,blood sugar levels can be normalised easily.
Detailed answer...
Obesity,lack of exercises,alcoholism,over consumption of sweets,fried foods and junk foods are responsible for development of diabetes in the person.
Do the following...
Quit sweets,deep fried foods,junk foods and colas.
Avoid saturated fats like dairy products and red meat.
Take more of fresh fruits and green vegetables.
Avoid fruits having high glycemic index like mango,water melon,custard XXXXXXX grapes,pineapple,chikoo,banana etc.
Can take fruits like XXXXXXX pears,oranges,guavava etc.
Avoid tuberous vegetables like potato,sweet potato etc.
Limit your alcohol.
Do regular aerobic exercises for at least 45 minutes a day.
Be in your BMI index range of your weight.
Consult a diabetologist or an XXXXXXX medicine specialist for proper treatment.
Make sure that you follow up with your doctor regularly.
Remember it is a life long management.
It is very essential to control your blood sugar,blood pressure and serum cholesterol levels meticulously so as to avoid various types of future micro as well as macro vascular complications.
I hope it helps,however you may revert to me for any further query.
Best of luck