Blood stained underwear, blood running down leg, bleeding from scrotum, no pain or swelling. Advice?

Question
MY FATHER IS 73 YEARS. HE WOKE UP THIS MORNING WITH BLOOD STAINED UNDERWEAR AND PYJAMAS AND BLOOD RUNNING DOWN HIS LEG. THE BLOOD SEEMS TO BE COMING FROM HIS SCROTUM BUT WITH NO APPARENT PUNCTURE WOUND OR PAIN OR SWELLING. CAN YOU ADVISE?
Posted Fri, 14 Sep 2012 in Testicle Problems

Answered by Dr. Mihail Iepure 15 minutes later
Welcome to XXXXXXX
From your description seems to be an active bleeding and this is an emergency with no delay!!
I would advice you right now take him to emergency department for assessment. If you didn’t noted any open wounds on his scrotum , perineum , legs, then possible this bleeding has anorectal origin .I noted from history he is under warfarin , so one from many possibilities can be side effect of this medication and many other gastrointestinal conditions. Any how at this stage we can’t predict evolution and he need physical examination and lab work to determine cause.
I wish you and your father good luck and speedy recovery,
Hope this helps and I have answered your query. If you have additional queries don’t hesitate to ask.

Best Regards,

Dr.Mihail