Blood spots on palms and under feet, painful. Cause?

Hi thanks for asking, i have recently started geting red tiny blood spots on my palms and under my feet they are a bit painfull, what could be the cause
Posted Tue, 4 Sep 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Harish Naik 4 hours later
Welcome to XXXXXXX
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided.
Based on the information you have provided it is either contact dermatitis / Pompholyx (Dyshidrotic eczema).
Dyshidrotic eczema is a condition in which small, usually itchy blisters develop on the hands and feet.Contact dermatitis is a condition in which the skin becomes red, sore, or inflamed after direct contact with a substance.
Treatment includes washing with lots of water to remove any traces of the irritant that may remain on the skin. You should avoid further exposure to known irritants or allergens.
Emollients or moisturizers help keep the skin moist, and also help skin repair itself. They protect the skin from becoming inflamed again.
Rather than pain i think it is some what itchy. Scratching or repetitive touching only makes the condition worse. Anti-itch medicines taken by mouth, such as diphenhydramine (Benadryl) and loratiadine (such as Claritin), may help you stop scratching. If you scratch while asleep, take an anti-itch medicine before bed.
If this does not help you need to see dermatologist who on examination can prescribe you steroid (or corticosteroid) ointments creams, or other creams or ointments such as tacrolimus or pimecrolimus, these are prescription medicines.
Hope I have provided the information you needed.
Wish you good health. Take care.
Follow-up: Blood spots on palms and under feet, painful. Cause? 50 minutes later
Hi Doctor

This is not eczema I don't have in red flammed or itchy skin nore blisters and it is not on the surface of my skin neither is it a rash or anything. It is underneath my skin only on my palms and under my feet it is quite painful when it first comes up and lasts a few days before it stops paining but remains a blood clog. the blog cloth is the size of a pin head but visible to the eye.
Answered by Dr. Harish Naik 1 hour later
Good to hear from you.
Whether you have similar red spots on any other part of your bleed, have you had any recent minor trauma to the affected part, even the blunt trauma.
It might be petechiae but a patechiae involving only palm and sole usually signifies inflammation of the small vessels and can be drug-induced or pathogen-induced. The classic target lesions of erythema multiforme are often found on the palms and soles.
I advice you to see dermatologist for exact diagnosis as it will be difficult to exactly predict what it is without examination.
Hope i have cleared your queries. If you do not have any clarifications, you can close the discussion and rate the answer.
Wish you good health.