Blood report shows WBC is 4.3 and mchc is 30.1. Some epithelial cells detected in urinalysis. Guide?

My WBC is 4.3 and mchc is 30.1 , in urinalysis some epithelial cells were noted with type being sqamous , I had tests done before a shoulder repair and I just wondered if I should be worried as this to me is a red flag?
Posted Sat, 20 Jul 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 2 hours later
Hello and thanks for the query,

The WBC and MCHC are just slightly abnormal and in your case is not something to be concerned about. The normal ranges are created as an average of most healthy individuals. Therefore there are some patients who will fall slightly above and below these ranges without this being related to a medical problem. I would recommend a repeat CBC in 3 months which will likely be similar in result or perhaps even normal.

Regarding the urinalysis - it is normal to see some squamous cells in the urine from time to time. These are basically from skin cells around the urethra which sometimes get washed away with urination. Again - nothing to be worried with and a repeat urinalysis in 3-6 months would be reasonable.

Thanks again for the query,

Dr. Galamaga