Blood report showed CO2 is 21, and rubella IgG is 34 IU/ML. What does this mean?

I am 7 weeks pregnant. Today I got my blood report. Everything is within range except under chemistry test CO2 is 21(22-29mmol/L), and my rubella IgG is 34 IU/ML( lab marked it as high) Please advice what does it means ?
Posted Sat, 28 Dec 2013 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 51 minutes later
Brief Answer: Not significant. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for trusting us with your health concern. Rubella IgG test positive is not significant in pregnancy. It suggests that at some point of time in past, you had rubella infection. This has caused the development of IgG antibodies in your body. At present, you are not having an infection. There is no need to worry. You can have an anomaly scan of baby between 18-20 weeks. The slightly lower than normal levels of CO2 is suggestive of mild acidosis due to fluid loss most likely caused by vomiting during pregnancy. This can be corrected by increasing your fluid intake. Also, such a minor change is not significant if your pH is within normal range. Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have. Wishing you good health. Regards. Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
Follow-up: Blood report showed CO2 is 21, and rubella IgG is 34 IU/ML. What does this mean? 17 minutes later
As far as I know I dont have Rubella infection any where in the past. Is there possibilty I am having one right now. Also , I dont have any vomiting since now...What an be other causes
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 19 minutes later
Brief Answer: Present infection is detected with IgM. Detailed Answer: Hello. Thanks for writing again. The antibodies may be detectable in the blood even after a subclinical infection. It is not necessary that you will have symptoms everytime you are exposed to an infection. If the IgM antibodies are detectable then it suggests an active infection. The mild variation in CO2 can be due to deep breathing, electrolyte imbalance, respiratory acidosis, diarrhea, etc. You can get the test repeated after a week and if the change in CO2 level persists then get it evaluated with the blood pH levels. If the blood pH is normal then there is no need to worry. Hope my answer is helpful. If you do not have any clarifications, you can close the discussion and rate the answer. Wish you good health. Regards