Blood report of 13 year old shows high RDW, low MCHC, low neutrophils, high lymphs. Is it possibly anemia ?

My son is 13 yrs. old. Just got back his blood results. High RDW (slightly elevated at 14.8% - normal range should be 12.3-14.5)) - Low MCHC (slightly low at 32.5% - normal range should be 33.0-36.0). Also, noticed that his Neutrophils were slightly low at 37% (normal range should be 40-70) and his Lymphs were slightly high at 48% (normal range should be 20-47) - is this indicative of anything concerning - possibly anemia?
When I mentioned Hunter's 15 surgeries on his lip- 2 were done in New York City - the other 13 surgeries were primarily cosmetic and done by Dr. Berstein in the Buckhead area of Atlanta at Scottish Rite Hospital. I will be taking Hunter to a Progressive doctor that I see in North XXXXXXX (Chapel Hill) to discuss ways to lower his trigclycerides - I have started giving him Fish oil and have reduced his intake of refined carbohydrates. Any other suggestions for reducing this number?
Posted Mon, 21 May 2012 in Blood Cancer(Leukemia)
Answered by Dr. Ajith Puthillath 23 hours later

His blood counts that are seen, are not related to his previous surgeries. Slightly high RDW and low MCHC in the presence of a normal hemoglobin is not significant. Again his neutrophils and his lymphs are also within the normal range of variation.

In summary the CBC is unremarkable. I cannot think of anemia right now.

His triglycerides are above normal for his age, I agree with the fish oil. He will need to be evaluated by a pediatrician , is his BMI above 25 ? Is there a family history if increased triglycerides ? Does he have an active lifestyle etc? I suggest a gradual change in lifestyle for your child in the form of regular activity, non processed food, high intake of vegetables and fruits as well.

Ajithkumar Puthillath