Blood profile says mild eosonophilia. What does this mean? Is this of major concern?

I got my daughter blood profile which i have attached. It says mild eosonophilia. what does that mean? Is it a major concern? What can i do as a follow up?
Posted Mon, 30 Sep 2013 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Michelle Gibson James 11 hours later
Brief Answer:
eosinophils go up in allergies,parasite infections

Detailed Answer:
Hi, thanks for using healthcare magic

White blood cells are the blood cells in the body that respond to infections, inflammation (such as allergies or asthma).

Eosinophils are a type of white blood cell. They mainly play respond to infections by parasites, they also play a part of the inflammatory response in allergies and asthma.
It can also react as a side effect of some medications, connective tissue diseases.

If your daughter has any nasal or skin or other allergic symptoms then that would likely be the cause of the increase.If this is the case then no further bloods may be suggested by her doctor though some persons may do a nasal smear or analysis of any sputum if there is a asthma cough.

If there are no allergy symptoms then the follow up would be as follows: the blood test can be first be repeated in a few weeks (2 to 3) to see if there is any change.
If the level is still high then further testing is necessary. This would include liver and kidney function tests and stool tests looking for parasites.

I hope this helps, feel free to ask any additional questions