Blood pressure was 150's/90's to 160's/90's for several weeks. Later 130's/70's and 121/72. What might have caused this?

My BP has been quite high 150's/90's to 160's/90's for several weeks, along with a high pulse mid 90's-110.
Overnight, it's lowered to 130's/70's, and as low as 121/72, pulse down to mid 80's.
Nothing new medictions, etc. Recent EKG was fine, although I had very frequent palpitations at the high numbers.
Why might this have happened?
(I also have many central nervous system dysfunction symptoms, but no answers yet from MRIs and EEG)
Posted Sat, 16 Nov 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Rogers Nditanchou 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Need a 24 hour heart monitoring.

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thanks for the query,

Blood pressure is affected by numerous environmental factors. One of these is stress. It might be important to check if you had any serious stressing events within the said period of time.
It might be important to know if you have changed the dosage, or timing of when you do take your drugs.

Being sure that the various blood pressure readings are taken under similar conditions is important. Taken after at least 5 minutes of rest is very very important. If all these are met and still there do exist these fluctuations, a more careful and in depth evaluation is required.

It might be necessary at some point to get a 24 hour ECG monitoring done by your cardiologist. Added to the fact that you experience palpitations and fluctuating pulse too, a careful 24 hour heart rhythm monitoring could help to exclude any serious cardiac rhythm problems. A cardiac ultrasound could be useful to exclude any heart anomaly.

I suggest you get a complete review from your cardiologist. In case you got any specific concerns, feel free asking as I shall be honored to make my contribution to your well being. Thanks and kind regards as i wish you good health.

Dr Rogers