Blood pressure seems to be rising at night when sleeping, took benadryl and Aelastine. Related?

MY blood presssure seems to be rising at night when I go to sleep...when the sun rises, my normal schedule. I took benadryl and Aelastine ... would that affect my pressure. It went from 90/40 to 142/71 Pulse is 71.
Posted Tue, 1 Oct 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Sukhvinder Singh 48 minutes later
Brief Answer:
please see below.

Detailed Answer:
Respected Ma'm
Was this rise a one off event or it happens daily? However I have following things to share.
1. The usual cycle of blood pressure in 24 hours is such that blood pressure should fall at night. The simple reason is the less active our body and mind are the lesser blood pressure will be. More active ,more tense, more stressed (mental or physical) we are more will be the blood pressure.
2. If your pressure is more when you are going to sleep but is ok When you wake up? or it is lesser when you are going to sleep and more when you wake up? You have see at what time you are more relaxed, at that time it should be lesser.
3. Norvasc i understood, but i didn't get the other drug. If it is ramipril? Ramipril has to be taken twice a day, else you can expect mild fluctuations in BP.
4. Azalastine use may be associated with a rise in blood pressure. This is not a common or usual side effect of this drug.
Hope this provides some answers. If you can write in more detail , I will be glad to elaborate further.