Blood pressure normal.Heart rate over 100. Feeling exhausted. Have shortness of breath. What to do?

Cardiologist, Interventional
Question
I'm a 52 year old male. My blood pressure is normal -around 120/80 but my resting heart rate is over 100 all the time. Several times today it went to 120. I'm feeling exhausted and have shortness of breath.
Posted Wed, 21 Aug 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease

Answered by Dr. Prabhakar C Koregol 26 minutes later
Thanks for detailed description.

Yes, definitely your heart rate is abnormal. What are the medicines you are taking for laryngospasm, sometime bronchodilators can cause it.

Also do you have fever or any other symptoms. If you are not on medicines and no fever than you need work up. Have an ECG and echo cardiogram done and also check your thyroid and get back to me with reports.

Hope this answers your query. Let me know if you need clarification.

Follow-up: Blood pressure normal.Heart rate over 100. Feeling exhausted. Have shortness of breath. What to do? 10 hours later
I am not taking any medications. The ENT said there was not really any medications to help with the spasms. I just had blood work and my thyroid and other indicators were fine. My cholesterol was elevated but im working on lowering that. I had an ECG three weeks ago when i was admitted to hospital with the spasms and the ER doctor said it was fine. My family doctor checked my BP and pulse - it was 104 when he checked it and other than saying its high%2C he brushed it off .

Answered by Dr. Prabhakar C Koregol 15 hours later
With all this data, I don't see anything of concern.

Do not be worried. Just ignore the heart rate and you should be fine.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you need clarifications.